You have spent hours researching what seems like every Melbourne suburb to find your perfect home location. All you want is close and easy access to education facilities, community areas and parkland….just a safe, healthy suburb to live in. If you’re thinking this isn’t too much to ask for, you are correct! We may have found the perfect gem for you…
Upper Ferntree Gully; why we think it’s a perfect location.
- It’s only a 38 km drive away from the city
- Local schooling (Upper Ferntree Gully Primary & Coonara Community house for kinder kids)
- A local aged care facility (Willowbrooke Aged Care Ferntree Gully).
- Is the home to many local sporting clubs, which includes: Kings park which has Baseball, Cricket & Football, Talaskia Reserve which has Cricket, Football & Tennis & Gilmour Park which has Cricket
- Has a local hospital in the area (Angliss Hospital on Albert Street).
- Seconds away from the well-known and popular Kokoda Track Memorial Walk (also known as the 1000 steps).
- Recently awarded a 5-star status on the new Domain Healthy Melbourne study (authored by Deloitte Access Economics and Tract Consultants). This means it’s one of 18 suburbs selected as Melbourne’s healthiest suburbs.
“Upper Ferntree Gully and surrounding suburbs in the shadow of Mount Dandenong score very highly relative to other outer suburbs”. Click here for more info about Domain’s study.
Also local to Upper Ferntree Gully:
- Additional sporting stadiums within 5 kms
- Within 5kms of a Westfield’s shopping centre (Westfield Knox)
- Surrounding reserves (Fairpark, HV Jones, Pickett, Reta Matthews, Wally Tew & Windermere reserve)
- Additional multiple education institutes which includes primary schools, high schools and Swinburne University
- Additional aged care facilities
The suburb is also an affordable option for young families, first-home-buyers & retired couples. The average house pricing is currently sitting at $666,000 (Not hitting the 1 million median many of its neighbouring suburbs have recorded).
Due to our recent office relocation to Boronia, Upper Ferntree Gully is now a close neighbour with only being under a 10-minute drive away!
If you’re interested in a buying a property in the Upper Ferntree Gully area or any other suburb in Melbourne, we recommend that you invest in peace of mind today and purchase a building inspection. The team at The Hub will try to accommodate your needs, with a typical 3-4 day booking availability as well as a 24 hour report turn around.
Call us today on 1300 071 283 or click here for a quick online quote and we can help you through the stress of the auction process.