After many months of searching for the picture-perfect property fitting your requirements, you’ve finally found the ideal one! Perfect location, perfect space and size, perhaps it’s close to a school or it’s an easy commute to work.
We urge for everyone to pause at this moment and organise a property inspection before making such a big investment. Purchasing a property is a massive financial decision, so getting a property inspector to examine the house is a smart choice.
While it’s a wise decision to have an inspection carried out, you may not be aware that the Victorian building inspection industry is not regulated. This means that you may be choosing an inspector who lacks the knowledge and experience required to identify defects and issues within the house.
We have put together a list of questions to help you select a trustworthy property inspection company:
- Do they employ Registered Builders or Accredited Architects?
- What experience do these inspectors hold?
- How many inspections has this company carried out?
- How long has this company been carrying out inspections?
- Can you attend the inspection, and will you receive a verbal summary?
- What is their turnaround time from inspection to receiving the report?
- Can they provide you with a sample report?
Why you should select The Home Inspection Hub?
At The Home Inspection Hub, we are a family business, with extensive experience in inspecting homes for up to 20 years. Our Inspectors can provide helpful, unbiased advice for any potential maintenance or repair work.
The Home Inspection Hub team keeps up to date with the latest building codes and regulations and are current members of the HIA and MBAV. Our reports comply with Australian Standard (AS 4349.1-2007), concerning inspections of residential dwellings. You will receive your report via email within 24 hours to ensure you have time to decide whether the purchase price is reasonable.